Sunday, June 14, 2009

Tallassee Now

This past Saturday, The Tallassee Chamber of Commerce had a "fun-raiser" to promote the city of Tallassee. Some of the events included an antique car show, gospel and blue grass singing, BBQ Sale (for every $50 you spent in Tallassee the prior week, you could get a plate for only $1), political speaking, and historic tours. I love the city of Tallassee and would love to see it flourish! There is so much potential and many pretty sites. We have one of the prettiest rivers in the region and are so close to Lake Martin. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

Michael, Georgia and I went on one of the historic tours. It started raining and I think scared off a few people, so we were the only ones for this particular tour. Bill Goss, who hosts "The History of Tallassee" segment at the radio station, was our guide. He asked where we would like to go, and we decided to go to the Armory and Superintendent's House. It was such a treat to get to go to the Armory, since it is closed to the public. I was shooting away with my camera. I thought I'd share some of my favorite pictures from the weekend.