Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Air Show at Maxwell Air Force Base

A few weekends ago we went to the Thunder Over Alabama Air Show at Maxwell Air Force Base. All I can say is that it was INCREDIBLE!! I saw somewhere they estimate around 120,000 people attended this year.



This is Georgia on a flying replica of the Wright Flyer. Earlier in the day, this cute little old man flew this plane. I wish we could have been there to see it! Anyway, he was so sweet. He let the kids get on and he taught them how to steer the plane. Georgia really liked it, but Jack was scared the second Michael put him on the seat!!




These were WWII Aeroshell Aerobatics. They were really impressive and I loved the way the planes sounded.




All I have to say about this picture is, "What is wrong here?" Sad isn't it that the six year old is in the stroller while the baby is being carried!!




The Budweiser Clydesdales were on location at the air show.





Then it was time for the grand finale....the Air Force's Thunderbirds!! If you have never seen a Thunderbird's show, pictures just don't do it justice. It was one of the most amazing things I have ever seen. It is unreal how close these guys get, and the jaw-dropping maneuvers they do!





Before the Thunderbird's started, the base had military personnel riding around on golf carts handing out ear plugs to everyone. We tried to get the kids to wear them....but they wouldn't. Here is the reaction the first time they flew by low.....


I wish you could have seen Jack scrambling to get that pack of ear plugs open! It was sad....but oh so funny!!!

2 comments:

Mark, Allison, Dylan & Brinley said...

Thank you so much for my comment!! This looks so awesome! You guys always do the coolest stuff!! Hope you are having a great week!

Christie Mitchell said...

Those are some cool pictures, so clear. I felt like I was there lol!! Thank you for my comment. That is so funny, I read it and I has just gotten finished looking at old pics of them in my Picasa album. Kyleigh had NO hair then. I know I will treasure those sweet memories and moments for forever. Hope you guys are having a great week :)