Saturday, March 19, 2011

As I write this, my heart is heavy and heartbroken. This is Hartley Carter. She was Michael's first cousin, Tom's child. Hartley was killed in an automobile accident Wednesday night. I really am at a loss for words. This precious life has been so tragically cut short. The one thing I can do, and I ask you to do, is pray and ask Him to do for her family and friends what nobody else can. I pray He will wrap his loving arms around her parents, grandparents, and siblings and comfort them in a way only He can.

I remember a few months ago looking at a picture of her on Facebook and a comment a friend made. I went back to that picture and comment yesterday and thought it was so fitting to share. "She is so pretty. So pure and down to earth....who doesn't love Hartley?" Michael and I both tried to think of what we always remembered about Hartley and we both decided it was her smile. She was always smiling and happy.

Hartley's step sister, Tonni, was also involved in the accident. I ask for your prayers for her as well. She is suffering from major head injuries and desperately needs the love and healing hand of our Father.


2 comments:

Christie Mitchell said...

Praying for all of them!! So sorry!!

His Jules said...

We are praying for all.