Friday, June 17, 2011

Thrift Store Find Redos

I thought I'd share a few thrift store redo projects I've been working on the past week. I LOVE finding something cheap (and usually ugly) and re-purposing it to fit my needs or decor.
I found these two lovelies at the Salvation Army. The wooden, footed bowl was $1 and the basket was only 50 cents! I haven't figured out where I am going to use the basket yet, but here is what I did with the bowl....

It got a coat of antique white paint and then I distressed it. I have been looking for something to go under my cloche and I think this is perfect.


I also found this picture at Salvation Army for only $3.25. I bought it not for the watercolor, but for the frame, since it had been professionally framed. (I actually bought 6 of these. I'll show you later what I did with the others.)

Michael and I bought this pen and ink drawing of the U.S.S Constitution when we visited Boston over a decade ago. It sat in our closet for that long and now I am glad it has a home and a new frame.


I forgot to take a before picture of this lamp shade. It was pretty boring, basic white, but it had a great shape. I cut strips of broadcloth, ruffled them, and then glued them to the shade.

And last, but certainly not least, I have been wanting a pair of antlers for a while now. I have seen them in local antique stores for upwards of $50 to $100. Well, needless to say, I didn't purchase any of those. I found these at a local flea market. My Dad made the plaque out of tiger maple and mounted them for me. I love the way they turned out! At $16 they didn't break the bank either (thanks to Daddy contributing the wood and his talent).

I've got lots more to show you, so be on the lookout!!

3 comments:

Joey & Kami Scarborough said...

If I have said it once, I've said it a million times...What CAN'T you do? Looks great!

andreabrosto said...

Wow! I wished you lived closer because I totally need your help with stuff like this! We're wanting to get some cheapo furniture for our new house and paint/distress/redo it, but I'm a little intimidated! I'll be emailing you once I find something!

Anonymous said...

What font do you use? I love it!