We recently switched the children's bedrooms because Georgia Anne was ready to sleep in a bedroom by herself. The bunk beds we originally bought for her were better suited for the boys now and they would only fit in one of the two children's bedrooms. Long story short, I have been working on getting their rooms repainted and decorated. I still have a LONG way to go, but thought I'd show you my most recent project.
|Enter the Target book shelf that has been in the boys' room for several years. While it is very practical it wasn't the prettiest piece.|
|A little paint and a new wood top and it looks all better!|
|I also painted this "PJ the Pug" silhouette. I had a nice chunky canvas that I had already painted for their room before the move. I never really like it and was tired of it and had it sitting in the "donate pile" when a light bulb went off. I could cover it with burlap and then paint directly on top of the burlap. It was easy, easy, easy! I used good ol' Elmer's school glue to secure the burlap to the canvas. It actually took an entire bottle to get good coverage. I did water it down a little so it was easier to spread. I let it dry overnight then used my staple gun to wrap and secure the edges. Next I used the left over ceiling paint from their room to painted almost the entire surface with a thick coat. I left about an inch border around the edges where you could still see the burlap. Let that dry overnight. I decided to paint a simple silhouette of our fat little pug, PJ. I think it is so funny how he sits so I chose that pose for the painting.|
|I felt like it need a little something else so I hot glued brown grosgrain ribbon to the edges and then used these big nail heads (from JoAnn's) to finish it off.|